New Board Members for Culture Central

The Culture Central board and team are pleased to announce the appointment of four new board members to drive forward Culture Central’s vision and mission as the Collective Voice for the sector in the region.

We would like to say a warm welcome to Geraldine Collinge (Royal Shakespeare Company), Indi Deol (DesiBlitz), Sipho Ndlovu (Beatfreeks and Independent practitioner, and Ian Manborde (Equity).

At Culture Central we are committed to ensuring our board and organisation represent the people and places of the West Midlands. We are constantly working to ensure we are representative of all the communities we serve and our new board members move the organisation towards our goal of increasing representation and diversity in our governance structures.

The new board members will join Roisin Caffrey (Chair – Stans Cafe), Graham Callister (Birmingham Hippodrome), Gaynor Cheshire (BOA), Ian Hyde (IKON gallery), Elizabeth Lawal (Independent) and Stephen Maddock (CBSO).

Roisin Caffrey said:

“The Board are delighted to welcome Geraldine, Indi, Sipho and Ian. They bring a wealth of knowledge, skills and networks, which will be invaluable in developing Culture Central’s work to ensure we are fully supporting the region’s cultural sector as we move into the next stage post-pandemic.”

Erica Love said:

“It has been heartwarming to see so many people put themselves forward to be a part of the future of Culture Central and to join in driving a new vision, structure and geography for the organisation. I am excited to work with these brilliant people as part of the board who will bring their expertise and voice to support and advocate for the regions cultural sector”

Geraldine Collinge said:

“I’m really pleased to be joining the Board of Culture Central after a year of working alongside the organisation as part of WMCRU. I’m excited to see how Culture Central advocates for cultural activity across the whole region and to be part of supporting the sector as it comes out of the pandemic. It is essential for the RSC to be playing an active role in the future of the region’s cultural ecology and we are delighted to be doing that with Culture Central.”

Indi Deol said:

“I am delighted to have been chosen to join the board at Culture Central, which is an organisation in which my values around the arts are fully aligned. Over the coming months, I hope to make a real difference to the existing board by driving meaningful change within the cultural sector through sharing my knowledge and providing insights into reaching and developing new diverse audiences online and offline.

Through my existing role as director of DESIblitz Magazine I have had the opportunity to fully understand the needs and wants of the British Asian community and how to harness the power of using technology with digital marketing. My contribution to the board will include exploring how this expertise can be applied to the arts sector during and post the pandemic.”

Ian Manborde said:

“I am really pleased to have been appointed to the Board of Culture Central. I welcome the opportunity to work with other Board members and staff to strengthen the activity of the creative and cultural industries across the Midlands. Culture Central has a key role in advocating for the role of the creative industries in building a strong regional economy overall. I look forward to playing a part in this work.”

Sipho Ndlovu said:

“I am really looking forward to my appointment on the Culture Central Board. I look forward to working alongside highly experienced individuals, who share a passion for arts and culture in the West Midlands and want to encourage support for activities that unite, challenge, shape and build our home.”

__

Photograph of Geraldine Collinge (c) Kate Hollingsworth.