Convene is a programme of webinars, presentations and Q&As, designed to address practical topics and themes that our Convene, Challenge, Connect programme research identified as being areas of need within the sector.
Recorded webinars will be posted on this page for you to watch at any time, and the presenter of each webinar will also host a live Q&A for you to delve deeper into the subject with them.
Webinars and Q&As are open to anyone working in the arts, heritage and cultural sectors in the West Midlands, including freelancers.
Webinar topics will include:
- Creating work in outdoor spaces
- Creating and distributing digital content
- Exploring new business management models
- Project management
- Fundraising & bid writing
- Monitoring & evaluation skills
- Partnership working
- Operational delivery
- Procurement & contract management
- Finance and accounting for freelancers & small organisations
- Charging, pricing & contract management for freelancers
- Fundraising & alternative revenue streams for freelancers
- Marketing for freelancers
Please sign up for the Culture Central newsletter to be among the first to know when the webinars go live.
The Convene programme of activity is part of Convene, Challenge, Connect – an accessible and imaginative sector development programme being delivered for the Birmingham 2022 Festival.
Convene, Challenge, Connect has been co-created with the region’s arts, cultural, heritage and community sector, and brings together our collective knowledge from across the region to deliver the programme, ensuring it is effective, sustainable and useful for organisations, community groups and freelancers.
The programme runs from July to October 2022 and includes a freelancer development cohort as well as a wide range of strategic and practical events, workshops, webinars and Q&As that will be open to all. Find out more about Convene, Challenge, Connect.
Generously supported by Arts Council England and The National Lottery Heritage Fund.